In the past, cufflinks were often reserved for special occasions such as for weddings or formal events. However, that is no longer the case. Although these types of special events still call for formal wear and cufflinks, it’s also quite common to see people wearing them in the business sector, as well as with their everyday clothing to make a fashion statement.
As one of today’s leading bespoke jewellers, we’ve made plenty of cufflinks in the UK for our clients that are eye-catching and unique. Here at London DE, we wanted to give you a bit of insight when it comes to finding the perfect cufflinks in the UK for your needs – lets take a look!
(Pair of Diamond Set Cufflinks, London DE, £100)
5 tips for wearing your cufflinks in style
- Keep it simple: Much like other clothing items, keeping it simple when it comes to wearing cufflinks can really pay off. This is because the simpler your cufflinks are, the more timeless they’ll be. Over the years, styles change, but a simple set of cufflinks can be worn with virtually any type of clothing.
- Wear the right shirt: Stuffing cufflinks into a shirt with buttons on the sleeves is an absolute fashion no-no. When wearing cufflinks, be sure you’ve got the cuffs to match, whether they are French cufflinks or another type of dress shirt without buttons on the cuffs.
- Make sure they match your other accessories: Are you wearing a tie clip, shirt studs, or other accessories with your outfit? If you frequently wear such things, you’ll want to choose a set of cufflinks that match them to maintain a good balance of style and class.
- Add to your ensemble: Wearing cufflinks is an easy way to add to your ensemble and make it classier and more stylish. It’s like wearing a pocket square or other accessories; although they’re small, they can make a big statement.
- Go with your gut: When it comes to cufflinks, it’s all about choosing a style you’ll be comfortable with. Don’t choose something that makes you feel self-conscious; select a style you’re comfortable and proud to wear for any occasion.
(Pair of Mother of Pearl Set Cufflinks, London DE, £79.20)
When & where to wear cufflinks
OK, so perhaps you’re new to wearing cufflinks, or it’s been a while, or you’re simply wondering what situations to wear them in. Cufflinks work best in situations like:
You’ll find at weddings, pretty much everyone will be wearing cufflinks, especially when it comes to the groom and groomsmen. When choosing cufflinks for a wedding, paying close attention to your suit is key; you want to pick a pair that complements your outfit and creates a great balance. Again, choosing a more subtle and minimalistic design will often serve you best.
These days, cufflinks aren’t designated specifically for black-tie events anymore; they’re often worn in the workplace. If you want to dress smart with a suit and accessorize a bit, cufflinks are a perfect accessory to add to your outfit. This is especially true for those going to a job interview. A set of cufflinks will provide you with an edgy professional appearance that can certainly impress.
Cufflinks are frequently worn at black-tie events like dinners, galas, the opera, and other places where wearing formal wear is required. At these types of events, the most common way to wear cufflinks is with French cuffs and a clean, sleek suit. You can choose more minimalist cufflinks or ones with unique designs and textures to give your outfit a special flare.
To really impress your partner for a night on the town, a pair of cufflinks can truly set your date-night outfit off. Additionally, it can show your date that you have style and care about your appearance and that you’re also a fashion-forward type of person.
Brunch, theatre, & dinner parties
Cufflinks can also be worn more casually, at events like brunches, dinner parties, or when you’re going to the theatre. You don’t even have to wear a full suit to look great in a pair of cufflinks. For more relaxed events, wearing a simple outfit and cufflinks that boast a more geometric and modern design will work great, providing a relaxed, yet elegant look.
Contact us today for cufflinks in the UK and more
If you’re looking to accentuate your style with a pair of cufflinks, London DE has a host of options for you. Our bespoke jewellery team can even design your very own custom cufflinks. In addition to our quality cufflinks, London DE also carries a range of loose gemstones, like diamonds, as well as coloured gemstones like emeralds, rubies, and sapphires.
London DE also carries engagement rings for your special day. We have a team of friendly consultants that are always available to provide you with insight and help you make the best decision for your engagement ring. Our pieces range from every size and style to every budget, so it’s easy to find the perfect ring for you.
We also specialize in bespoke jewellery design and manufacturing. If you want to bring your jewellery vision to life but aren’t sure how our designers can tease out your vision and create something for you that’s truly unique. We work with local workshops in Hatton Garden to create pieces that are aligned to your exact requirements.
To learn more about our one-of-a-kind jewellery and loose gemstones, contact us online today or call +44 207 859 4754.